Would you like to join a very friendly bunch of women who not only do a lot of work in the community but have fun doing it? Read on… Times have changed since our club was created in 1971, but there is still a huge need for our work, which is why we are happy when like minded women join us. We are part of a worldwide organisation, called Zonta International (ZI), which celebrated its 100-year anniversary in 2019. ZI is a leading global organisation of professionals working together to make a better world for women and girls through ZI’s vision of a world in which:
- Women’s rights are recognised as human rights and every woman is able to achieve her full potential.
- Women have access to all resources and are represented in decision-making positions on an equal basis with men..
- No woman lives in fear of violence.
As a member you find great satisfaction in meaningful service and advocacy, inspiring meetings and fellowship. You also have the opportunity to step up into leadership roles and to gain knowledge of how to work with a group of people to make change.
If you join Zonta Club of Brisbane you become part of a global community through Zonta International Home, a statewide community through Zonta International District 22 and a local community through the club. Zonta Club of Brisbane is a not-for-profit organisation. It is the oldest Zonta Club in Brisbane, formed in 1971, and has a rich history and bright future.
Find out more about what the Zonta Club of Brisbane does to build a better world for women and girls Local Projects – Zonta
This is what we have to offer:
- A flexible\dynamic club environment
- Forum to discuss viewpoints and exchange ideas on how we can make a difference
- Fellowship with likeminded people
- Empower and develop young women through mentoring and service to the community
- Provide a platform to grow members’ leadership skills
- Inspiring and interesting guest speakers
- Opportunity to tap into fund raising flair
- Make a difference to local women through fundraising and service projects
- Embrace partnerships and work together as a means of achieving more for women in our community
- Contribute to making a difference internationally.
What are my commitments?
Zonta is a service organisation and as such if you join you need to be willing to commit time to service and advocacy projects in your community and to help raise money for local and international projects that benefit women.
All members are expected to join one of our committees – Advocacy, Communications, Fundraising, Service, Fellowship, Membership.
We understand that all members are volunteers however and that members contribute the time and effort that they can manage.
When do you meet as a club?
The club has a dinner meeting on the first Wednesday of each month at the United Service Club. Attendance is not compulsory but these gatherings are not to be missed with great guest speakers, a chance to meet amazing people and to put purpose into your life.
When: first Wednesday of each month except January when we do not hold a meeting; 6.00pm for 6.30pm.
Where: United Services Club, 183 Wickham Terrace, Spring Hill (free parking, enter from Upper Edward St); Cost: $65.00 (two course dinner + coffee/tea. Drinks are not included)
What will it cost?
Zonta is a not-for-profit organisation. It charges membership fees which support international projects delivered by Zonta International, as well as the ongoing administration.
Club membership annual Fee: $225 plus $20 entry fee
The club budget is presented at each dinner meeting to members. The Club’s annual report is here.
How do I join?
We hope this has given you some insight into who we are, what we do and how we do it. We look forward to you joining the Club and sharing the fellowship and projects of the club towards meeting Zonta’s vision.
We would love to have you join our club! To find out more email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and highlight your email subject with NEW MEMBER QUERY. Our membership Chair will get back to you about your inquiry.